Growing Up and Hair Cuts

 8/24/2012 


My daughter is growing up. She turned 9 a few weeks ago. Since then we've set some goals of things she should learn this year or be doing more independently. One of those things is taking care of her own hair. She doesn't enjoy washing her long hair or combing it out afterwards. It is a daily battle for her to brush out the tangles. So, you guessed it. She got her hair cut shorter this week, hoping that it will be easier to care for on her own.


I remember going through this when I was her age. That was the only time in my life that my hair was cut so short. Ever since I've wanted it long and I learned to take are of longer hair. Maybe it will be the same for my girl. Or maybe she'll like it short. Either way, she's old enough to make the decision for herself. 

Welcome to 9 years old, my short-haired girl!

0 comments:

Post a Comment