Birthday Party

8/6/2012 - Monday
 
 
We had a busy weekend, which culminated with our annual Triple Birthday Bash. With my husband's birthday in mid-July and mine and my daughter's birthdays in early August, we opt to just have one big party. 


From 4-6 pm on Sunday, we hosted aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents. The menu included grilled hot dogs, hamburgers, Wisconsin cheese curds, watermelon, pasta salad, potato salad, homemade applesauce, deviled eggs, cantaloup, fresh garden veggies with dip, pecan pie, pumpkin pie, and angel food cake with cool whip and strawberries. 
 

My daughter has had only 1 big "friend" birthday party in her life, when she turned 6. When she turns 10 next summer, I'm thinking we'll have one again. This year, we did the family party and I'm letting her have some friends over for sleepovers, one at a time. So one night this week, she has one friend coming. A different friend is coming one night next week, etc. I like this plan because she can spend more time with each of her friends and it spreads out the birthday cheer to last longer than just one day. 

Today we are taking it easy, relaxing at home, playing with new toys :-)  

Tomorrow is another special day at our house... I'll share more on that tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment