Mother's Day

5/9/2011

Mother's Day. Always a special day, but this year was unique.

My mother came down from Wisconsin to join us for the weekend. Since Grandma Nellie (my mom's mother) passed away in March, it was special to be with my mom on Mother's Day this year.

My husband gave me a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a special card. I know that he appreciates me, as the mother of our children. His love and support make all the difference in the world!

My husband helped my kids build this birdhouse (my daughter's idea). Then he hung it on a tree outside my kitchen sink window, so I can see it often. What a neat homemade gift it is!

The weather for Mother's Day was just beautiful. We spent the evening sitting around a campfire in the backyard, roasting hot dogs and making smores. A relaxing ending to a great day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment