Checking In: May Update


6/1/2011

Since May is now over I wanted to give an update on progress towards my 2011 goals.

Spiritual Goal: read through the Bible in one year.
Progress: Great! I have been able to stay current with my readings this month. Knowing that I've made it this far motivates me to continue on!

Physical Goal: become more physically fit.
Progress: Great! I was on the treadmill for at least 30 minutes on 17 days of the 31 days of May. My goal is to be on the treadmill 4 or 5 days each week, so I'm very pleased with how the month turned out. However, during the last 5 days I've only been on the treadmill once, due to our new foster placement and other things going on (loss of power for a day, hosting people in our home over the weekend, etc). That's my current challenge as we head into June.

Personal Goal: exercise more self control.
Progress: Ok. I have made some progress this month and feel like I've been able to keep a better perspective even in the midst of chaos, confusion and frustration. Still room to grow, but encouraging to see some steps in the right direction.

How are you doing on your goals for 2011? It's almost half over, so the time is NOW to get a move on! :-)

Here's a link to my April update, if you're interested.

0 comments:

Post a Comment