A Week to Remember

10/18/2013

This week, to me, is a week set aside to remember my miscarried children. 


Why this week? Well, the whole month of October is set aside nationally as Infant and Pregnancy Loss Awareness Month. But my reasons are more personal. It was one year ago this week that we lost one of our babies - Isaac. And one year ago this week one of our other miscarried babies - Hope - we due to be born. So this week is a double-whammie of miscarriage memories. 



Last year I posted about how much I hate October in general, but especially because of numerous negative experiences I've had during this month. You can read that blog post here. This year my outlook is much clearer and brighter than last year. A year makes a difference in perspective. Of course, the fact that I am currently 33-weeks pregnant is a constant reminder of the hope of new life after loss. 

And so I say a prayer this week for others who have walked this path of miscarriage, asking for strength to carry on when our hearts so long to be with our babies in heaven. 
And I thank God for the opportunity to be a mommy to all 6 of my children - the ones on earth and the ones in heaven. 

We love you - Grant, Hope and Isaac!

0 comments:

Post a Comment