Good Grief


7/21/2011

It's been 3 weeks since our miscarriage.

The most difficult question to answer is "How are you doing?"

Some days are fine. Life goes on, almost as if nothing happened. My kids keep me busy. After some of these days, I almost convince myself that the grief is over and I've moved on.

Other times, though, the pain is just under the surface. The tears are immediate upon being asked the question. The grief is overwhelming. Life goes on, but nothing is the same.

Here's what I've learned: grief comes in waves and you never know when it's coming to crash over you. Grief ebbs and flows.

My heart remains broken. I continue to rely on the Lord to bring healing to my brokenness.

I'll close with these verses from Lamentations 3:21-24: Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness! I say to myself "The Lord is my portion, therefore I will wait for Him."

He is my only hope for comfort and mercy in my time of sorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment