Checking In: February Update


2/7/2011

Here at the beginning of this new month, I wanted to give an update for how things are going with a few of my goals for 2011.


Spiritual Goal: read through the Bible this year.
How is it going: Great! I have a One-Year Bible that lays out what to read in daily sections - one longer Old Testament passage, a shorter New Testament passage, along with very short sections of both Psalms and Proverbs. My daughter has a children's One-Year Bible and is working alongside me, reading a section each day. We're both chugging along and making daily progress.

Physical Goal: lower my cholesterol and lose weight.
How is it going: Well. I have been spending 30 minutes on our treadmill doing fast walking, 4-5 days per week. This week is the start of my 4th week of this exercise routine and I have already seen improvement. I'm also being more aware of the portions of food I eat and have added one more fruit into my day. So, it is going well.

Growth Goal: catch myself when I'm angry before I blow up / exercise self-control.
How is it going: Alright. Any growth in this area is so hard to measure, but I am encouraged. I am making baby-step improvement in this area, with lots more room to grow!

"If you aim at nothing, you'll hit it every time." This is my year of aiming at something. If I make it through December and have achieved my goals - wonderful! But even if I don't make it through the year but have made some progress and improvements and baby steps to my goals - it is worth it! Better to have aimed at something!

0 comments:

Post a Comment