Christmas Celebrations, continued

12/27/2011

We hosted my husband's extended family on Christmas Day, following church. 14 people. Plenty of food. Plenty of gifts. Plenty of Christmas joy. :-)


The food was served from my hutch and a side table. Believe me, our family never goes hungry at gatherings like this! There is always WAY more food than is necessary. Ham, two kinds of potatoes, gravy, sweet potatoes, corn, rolls, green bean casserole, and at least 4 kinds of pie for dessert, in addition to other cookies and bite-sized sweets.

Here's our tree (and notice the lack of snow outside the window - my daughter was especially bummed at having a green Christmas this year). Envelopes always get put on the tree, while the gifts go under.

My son was playing peek-a-boo with someone across the room while waiting to open his gifts.
My son received this Hot Wheels truck that loops and drives upside down. Very cool. My brother-in-law had to check it out for himself.

After the planned activities were over, my husband, brother-in-law Brian, niece Hannah and mother-in-law played dominoes together.

I am thankful that we have a house that works well for hosting gatherings like this. I'm also thankful for my husband's family, who all live close-by and all get along fairly well... for being family! :-)

I love Christmas!

0 comments:

Post a Comment