Children's Reading List: Little House in the Big Woods


3/3/2011

My daughter and I are starting a new series of books - the Little House on the Prairie series. This week we read the first book - Little House in the Big Woods. This is one of our favorite books. We have read it together at least once before, but we have never continued on with the other books in the series.

One of my favorite parts of homeschooling is that younger children can be a part of the learning process too. My son is only 3 years old, but listened intently as we read most of this book. He especially enjoyed the pages with pictures, but sat through it all. Being read to is so good for him - to expand his vocabulary, to deepen his love for books, to let his imagination soar. This book is a great one for boys as well as girls, since there is plenty of talk about guns and hunting and bears!

Little House in the Big Woods - a timeless classic for all ages!

Some related items:

  • To see my blog post about a field trip to step back into pioneer days, click here.
  • For the blog post I did about the lapbook my daughter did to go along with the Little House in the Big Woods book, go here. The link to the website where I found the FREE lapbook materials is included in the post.
  • To see the pretzel log cabin my daughter made last year when we read this book, click here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment