Destination: California

Our anniversary trip to California was wonderful... everything we thought it would be and more!


Experience beautiful weather and scenic views - check.
This is the view from of our hotel pool... I loved the palm trees and the beauty of the foothills visible everywhere we went. The weather, I expected it to be great. But the natural beauty of Southern California was a surprise to me.


Spend time reconnecting and remembering all that we love about each other - check.
I love my hubby's sense of humor, though he always catches me off guard. Here he is "eating" a cactus sandwich... nice photo opp, but getting out of this cactus bush proved to be a painful experience.



Put my toes in the Pacific ocean - check.
Here we are in Santa Monica on the beach. It was so windy and chilly that day that we wore sweatshirts most of the day... no chance of actually getting into the water!




Visit the Reagan Presidential Library - check.
My husband really wanted to visit this Library, which is really more of a museum. We spent a day there and I'm so glad we did. They have a retired Air Force One plane inside the museum that visitors can tour. Definitely worth seeing if you ever get the chance. This picture is me holding President Reagan's hand. :-)


Go out to eat at a fancy restaurant on our anniversary - check.
The friends we were visiting in the area recommended the Black Angus Steakhouse. We were not disappointed.

I'm already looking forward to our next big anniversary trip - probably in another 10 years! I'm so thankful that we have a great marriage relationship. We actually enjoy spending time together. We dream big dreams and achieve them together. But I don't want to leave God out of this, as we both know that He is the One who brought us together and holds us together. It is His love in our hearts that sustains us and makes us both loving and lovable. Thank you, Father, for the beautiful gift of marriage!

0 comments:

Post a Comment