Monday is here once again, which means NOW IS THE TIME for planning out the meals your family will enjoy this week.
We are trying to eat out of the stockpile / pantry to avoid spending major moola on groceries this week. Here's what supper will look like for us:
- ham - green beans - onion skillet
- spaghetti with meat sauce, cheese bread
- Thanksgiving leftovers
- sloppy joes and potato pancakes
- cheesy pasta with ground venison, side of mixed veggies
- french fries and fried sausage
- mashed potatoes with pork gravy, green beans, thin-sliced seasoned pork
I'm also working on holiday baking, making 1 item each week. Last week I tackled 6 batches of Scotcheroos. This week it'll will be 3 batches of cut-out cookies.
CONNIE'S CUT OUT COOKIES
Mix together 2 cups sugar and 1 cup softened Parkay. Add 2 eggs, pinch of salt and 1 cup sour cream. Sift in 2 t baking soda and 1 t baking powder and 7 cups flour. Add 2 t lemon extract. Mix well. Roll out and cut with cookie cutters. Put on ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 325 on top oven rack for 6 minutes. Do not overbake.
We have many Christmas cookie cutter designs so this is a fun project to let the kids help do. Then a few days later, we get together with the other cousins for a day of cookie decorating. Fun traditions!