Goals for 2012


1/10/2012

It's that time of year again, when re-evaluating comes naturally and everyone is talking about self-betterment.

Last year was the first year I set some goals in January and checked in every month to see what progress was being made. It felt really good to aim at something and take steps to get there.

So here I am again, with new goals for a new year.

Health Goal: Maintain a healthier lifestyle by eating healthier (more fruits and veggies, more beans, small portion sizes) and by exercising regularly. Back to the treadmill I will go! I will exercise 4 days a week for 30 minutes. My goal would be to lose at least 10 pounds this year and to continue to lower my cholesterol, getting into a healthy range.

Parenting Goal: To not raise my voice at my children. This is a difficult area for me, but already God is working with me to show more respect to my children. I very much regret the example I've set for my children - of anger, of yelling at others - and I know that it will take consistency on my part to change that example.

Computer Goal: To spend less time on the computer on a daily basis. I am afraid to actually track the time I sit at this computer each day. Minutes add up quickly and I know I'd be surprised at the results. My goal is to check in for 30 minutes in the morning, then for 15 minutes or less around lunch time, 15 minutes or less mid-afternoon and spend 30 minutes or less on the computer in the evening. Blog time is included in there, so this blog may see some cut backs this year too, since I blog as time allows and not out of obligation or guilt. I watch zero TV, so the combined 1 and 1/2 hours of computer time is all of my "screen time" for the day.

So these are three of the areas I'll be focusing on this year. I'm excited! I like to be intentional in making choices. Life doesn't just happen to us. Pounds don't just jump on us - we take them in one bite at a time. And change can happen, one step at a time. I make it happen. You make it happen. Take some intentional steps to your goals today!

0 comments:

Post a Comment