Christmas Celebrations, finale!

1/4/2012

Our last Christmas celebration was at my mother's house last weekend. What a great time we had! Delicious food, lots of fun. A few family members took part in the "ugly sweater" contest so that brought about laughs just looking at them. There are always gag gifts mixed in with the "regular" gifts so that is a lot of fun too.
Here's a great family shot on my mom's stairway.

Just the kids.

Just me and my main squeeze. :-)

Here's a picture of my son as he waited to open a gift. He received a large floor puzzle, a matching game and a toy truck. Here's my daughter opening a gift. She received a digital camera and a photobook. She was very excited!

My daughter made this lollipop tree ornament as a craft and wanted to give it to Grandma K, so here she is with Grandma as she opened it.

One benefit of living far away is that we spread the Christmas celebrations out over the course of 2 weekends, making it last much longer. This way, it's not over in just one day. We enjoy it that way.

But now Christmas is over. As I consider our holidays, I am so very thankful for family - both immediate and extended family. I am also thankful for the birth of Jesus Christ, my Savior. I cannot imagine how my life would have turned out without Him.

So I'll say it one last time, Merry Christmas!

0 comments:

Post a Comment