CVS Deal & Diaper Stockpiling

7/23/2013

I've been keeping my eyes out for diaper deals, as I stockpile diapers for cheap before our baby comes. CVS has a great diaper deal this week that I scored big on. 



Here's how it worked for me. I had $5 in Extra Care Bucks (also known as ECBs, which are like a gift card to use for purchases at CVS) saved from a previous diaper deal. I also received an email from CVS last weekend with another $3 ECBs via a printable coupon. 

When I walk into CVS, I always head to the coupon printing machine, which often spits out more money saving coupons or ECBs. On this visit, it printed a $5 off $25 purchase coupon, which fit perfectly with what I had planned to do anyway. It also printed a 79 cents off CVS brand paper towels, which are on sale for 79 cents this week (making them free after using the coupon).

I bought 2 packages of Huggies diapers at $9.99 each, the paper towels, and 2 packages of generic baby wipes that would help get my total to $25 or more. 

Then I used the $5 off $25 purchase coupon.
Then my $5 ECBs and $3 ECB coupon. 
Then I had 2 coupons for $3 off Huggies products = $6 off.
And the 79 cents off coupon for the paper towels. 

My total out-of-pocket for all 5 items was $6.61.

AND the Huggies purchases generated $5 in Extra Care Bucks to use next time at CVS, which makes it kind of like spending $1.61 to get all of those items! 

Even if you don't have a child in diapers, you could consider doing some of the "diaper deals" at CVS to give brand-name diapers to a new mom as a baby or shower gift. At prices this low, you could gift her with her multiple packages of diapers which are SO VERY practical!

It feels exhilarating to save money!

0 comments:

Post a Comment