Goals for 2013

3/6/2013

I know, it's March. 
And yes, I'm just now listing out a few of my goals for 2013


Discipline has already been key in a few areas of life. 

One of my goals for this year is to exercise regularly. That has translated into 30 minutes of exercise 6 days a week since the year began. I'm still at it and have been very faithful with it now that it's become a habit and a regular part of each day. It'd be nice to shed a few extra pounds, but my goal is to simply be healthier (which means to see my cholesterol come back down to a normal level). 

Another goal has been to memorize more Scripture. My friend Leah hopped on board with this and we've set a very large challenge for this year: memorize all of Romans 1, 8 and 15. We're 4 weeks into this challenge and so far so good. My 9-year-old daughter is doing this along with me, so we review and practice daily.  

Discipline. I'm seeing the need for it every day. I'm seeing my lack of it and how it has affected my past. So it's a new year, with new goals. Putting the past behind, I'm pressing on to new things.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment