Our Family Christmas


 12/27/2012

Christmas Day. Our family had a very simple, stay-at-home day. The kids played with new toys. I made supper in the crockpot and enjoyed reading a book throughout the day. We looked through old photos and videos of Christmases past (which is always good for some laughs and memories).


My son received a set of Little Critter books by Mercer Mayer - some of his current favorites. 


 My daughter also received some new books, including this one about Secret Codes. 


I gave my husband a new razor.  



My husband gave me a new tablecloth and table pad for our dining room table. He let me open this last weekend, so I could use it when we hosted his extended family for Christmas. The tablecloth is a beautiful burgundy color and fits our table (we didn't have one big enough before).

It was a simple Christmas for us.  
Relatively few gifts. 
Reading the Biblical story of Jesus' birth. 
A few Christmas songs around the piano. 
A quiet day to reflect and enjoy family. 
A simple, beautiful Christmas.     

0 comments:

Post a Comment