One Man's Trash...

6/19/2012 

One man's trash is another man's treasure. 

Well, last week my husband came home with a drumset he'd seen sitting on the side of the road with a "FREE" sign on it! 

Do we need a drum set? Well, that depends on who you ask. I don't think so. But my 4-year-old son thinks it's "awesome." My 8-year-old daughter thinks "Hmmm. If it's in the basement and I go to my room upstairs, will I still hear him banging on those things?"  

So for now, we have a drum set in our basement. 

I cannot imagine why someone would set it on the curb as trash. It's got to be worth something. And we may try to sell it after the novelty wears off (but before it ends up broken). 

We aren't true drumpster-divers. But when we look around our house, we remember that dozens of pieces of furniture and other items have been given to us or obtained for free (or dirt cheap). When one lets go of the "keeping up with the Joneses" mentality, you discover that you can live with less and find that there is plenty of life still in many used items. 

Maybe I'll make a list of all of the used/free stuff we have in our home. Hmmm. A post for another day. 

Right now I'll sit back, relax, and listen to my son enjoy the free drum set! :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment