Fair Project 2012

6/28/2012
   
  My 4-year-old son is entering a project in the fair this year. 

One of the options for his age level was to make homemade playdough, then shape it into whatever you want and submit it as your project. 

Here's the recipe we used: Mix together 1 cup flour, 1/2 cup salt and 2 teaspoons cream of tartar in a small pan. In a measuring cup mix together 1 cup water, 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil and food coloring. Poor liquid ingredients into the pan. Heat and stir constantly until a big ball forms. Let cool. Knead it. Play with it. Store it in a plastic bag.




So we tackled that recently. He chose blue - his favorite color - for the playdough. It was easier than I thought it would be to make. It also turns out very soft and pliable. We threw out some of our older playdough and kept this soft, perfect playdough!  

Our county fair starts up this weekend and runs all next week. We love the fair!

1 comments:

Heather said...

I loved entering the fairs when I was younger. I was in 4-H so we did a lot of crafts, but I also showed goats. I now know how to do a lot more crafts, and sometimes I think about entering my stuff into the fairs, but I always get too nervous! Maybe this year I will! Good luck to your son!

Post a Comment