One of Those Days

It's one of those days. Those challenging, wish-I-could-go-back-to-bed days. My head knows that I must plug away at what is before me today. My body is resisting with all its worth!

So I have a 2-step challenge before me. First, to carry on with diligence despite the fact that I'm tired. To press on and be my best for my family. To do this with a pleasant attitude will take this challenge to the second level.

Of course the surprising part is this: when you act pleasant and joyful, you will find that you truly become pleasant and joyful! Eventually you don't have to "act." I'm not there yet - at this point it's still a struggle - but I expect that a few hours from now I will find myself feeling better and being thankful that I got-up-and-did-it instead of going back to bed!

Proverbs 11:27 - He who seeks good finds goodwill, but evil comes to him who searches for it.

I'm off to look for all things good in my day today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment