Homeschooling: Character

For the last few months, I've been focusing slightly less on academics with my almost 7-year-old daughter and more on character development. This broadly falls under the "homeschool" heading but really is more about life in general than school. To boil it down for my daughter to understand, I came up with 3 basic goals. I printed them in bright colors and posted it in an obvious place for my daughter. Now it is easier to bring her back to the list and remind her of the goal and the Bible verse that supports it. I see improvement in each of these 3 areas and am greatly encouraged. Here are the goals that we're currently working on.

  • Live in peace with your brother, to carry out Psalm 133:1 which says "How good and pleasant it is when brothers and sisters live together in unity."
  • Model good behavior for your brother, to carry out 1 Corinthians 11:1 which says "Follow my example, as I follow Christ.
  • Respect your parents, to carry out Exodus 20:12 which mentions 1 of the 10 commandments that says "Honor your father and your mother.

0 comments:

Post a Comment