Church Community Meal

12/2/2013 

Before Thanksgiving, our church hosted a community meal. This was a full Thanksgiving spread - with turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberries, rolls, corn, and pies for dessert. And it was free for everyone. Over 200 people were served, with the majority of those being non-church folks.


My husband helped in the serving line. 


The kids and I (and cousin Racquel in this picture) helped with the eating. :-)

I appreciate the fact that our local church looks for ways to serve our broader community, through meals like this and also through providing a "clothing pantry" with free clothes for anyone who needs them. On a weekly basis, an average of 50 people visit the clothing pantry, which is available to anyone without cost or obligation. 

At times like these, I appreciate my fellow church folks truly being the hands and feet of Jesus in our world. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment