When Life Overwhelms

8/14/2013

Someone pushed the fast-forward button on my life! 

In the last week or so, my husband has had some major medical issues that have consumed us. And today I got a call about a medical issue that has me battling anxiety too. 

On top of that, we're planning our first-ever real family vacation and there isn't enough time in the day to wrap up the planning we need to do for that. 

And it's back to school time. My daughter has already started homeschool 5th grade, but I have very little planned for Kindergarten for my son. 

And I'm pregnant, so I've got lots to think about as far as baby goes and hormones that may be out of whack.

Life feels overwhelming at this moment. 

At times like this, I aim for 

1) recalling Scripture verses that comfort me ("Cast all your cares on Him for He cares for you" immediately comes to mind). 
2) getting more sleep, which is very important to my overall frame of mind. 
3) finding someone I can talk through my concerns with (most often this is my husband, but could be another friend with a listening ear). 
4) a good cry, which is simply cleansing for me to acknowledge how I'm feeling and be ok with it.

In this busy season of life, this blog has taken a back-seat. I'm ok with that. I will continue to post as I'm able. 

If you are up to saying a prayer for me and my family during this time, it is appreciated. 

Thanks, friends!

1 comments:

marineof2 said...

Praying for you all!

Post a Comment