Pregnancy - 22 Weeks

8/9/2013


 22 Weeks Along

I had an appointment with my midwife this week. Everything is going well. Last month's lab work to test for gestational diabetes came back normal, which is great. They wanted to do a second test, though, as an early detector of diabetes. This test is regularly done around 28 weeks, but we did it this week. It involves drinking "glucola" (a super-sweet glucose/sugar drink) and then having blood drawn 1 hour later. I haven't heard back regarding those results. 

My 10-year-old daughter was able to feel some baby movements this week, with her hand on my belly. I think the reality of a baby is settling in more and more, as my belly grows and as the rest of the family can interact with the baby a bit through movements. 

I have had some insomnia this week, though I think it's more related to some stress in my life than the pregnancy. 

16 more weeks to due date. Keep growing, Baby!

We love you, Flutter! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment