Field Trip: Air Zoo

5/11/2018


Recently our entire family traveled to Kalamazoo, Michigan to the Air Zoo. This was part of a field trip coordinated by our homeschool co-op, so we enjoyed the day's attractions with many other friends.


After the front desk to pay, you walk "through the clouds" into the museum.



My oldest daughter loved the painted mural that surrounds the main room. 


Beautiful and so detailed!


And imaginative!


My little girl loved the rides. 
These were like carnival/fair rides, but inside. 


This was an individual ride. Still fun. 


My oldest daughter rode too. Silly!


My son liked the military planes and paraphernalia.


There was an exhibit on NASA and space exploration too.


Daddy showing the little boys the big planes.


There were models of hundreds of planes and real-sized replicas of a few dozen. You could spend hours looking at each one and studying the details.


One of the big planes painted so fancy. 


I was glad that the museum was kid-friendly. They had an activity area for the little ones to get some energy out. More beautiful sky-themed murals throughout that area also.


My baby boy sat with me at the gate of the rides, watching the older kids enjoying it all.


And everyone was exhausted at the end of the day.

Thumbs up for the Air Zoo!

PS: Our family visited the Air Zoo 7 years ago. It's fun to look back at the pictures of the kids. Here is my blog post about that visit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment