Home Improvement: Cabinets and Contact Paper

9/12/2016 



I am embarrassed to admit that we've lived in our home for over 7 years and I've never tried this super simple way to "improve" our nasty kitchen cabinets. 


Contact paper! Ever used it? What a simple and inexpensive way to change the look of your old cabinets. Just like a fresh coat of paint, it can change the look completely!

I bought 4 rolls of contact paper. Those 4 rolls covered the cabinets in these pictures (with bottom and upper shelves), as well as an upper cabinet with 3 shelves and one small drawer.

There are many colors and patterns to choose from. I chose a simple light color that matched our kitchen flooring. Even though the inside of the cabinets is not something visitors to our home would ever see, I see them every day. So this home improvement was simply to freshen up my work-space not to impress anyone else!

For someone who is not at all crafty, I am very pleased with how this turned out and proud of the fact that I did it all by myself! 


PS: I have to share this picture of my "helpers" enjoying the empty cabinets.

0 comments:

Post a Comment