Motherhood - poem

11/1/2016

There is something awesome, special and incredibly blessed of God in carrying a child, in sustaining and nurturing life. This poem speaks to the spiritual side of the great calling of motherhood.

Motherhood - a poem by Christianna Maas

My willingness to carry life is the revenge, the antidote
to the great rebuttal of every murder, every abortion
and every genocide. I sustain humanity. 
Deep inside of me, light grows.
I am death's opposition.

I have pushed back the hand of darkness today.
I have caused there to be a weakening tremor among
the ranks of those set on earth's destruction.
Today a vibration that calls angels to attention 
echoed throughout time.
Our laughter threatened hell today.

I dined with the greats of God's army.
I made their meals and tie their shoes.
Today I walked with greatness 
and when they were tired, I carried them.
I have poured myself out for their cares today.

It is finally quiet but life stirs inside of me
Gaining strength, the pulse of life sends a constant 
reminder to both good and evil that I have yielded 
myself to heaven and now carry its dream.
No angel has ever had such a privilege nor any man.
I am humbled by the honor. I am great with destiny.

I birth freedom fighters.
In the great war, I am a leader of the underground resistance. I smile at the disguise of my troops, 
surrounded by a host of warriors, destiny swirling, 
invisible yet tangible and the anointing to alter history.
Our footsteps marking land for conquest
We move undetected through the common places.

Today I was the barrier between evil and innocence.
I was the gatekeeper, watching over the hope of 
mankind and no intruder trespassed.
There is not an hour of the day or night 
when I turn from my post. 
The fierceness of my love is unmatched on earth.

And because I smiled instead of frowned
The world will know the power of grace
Hope has feet and it will run to the corners of the earth
Because I stood up against destruction.

I am a woman. 
I am a mother.
I am the keeper and sustainer of life here on earth.
Heaven stands in honor of my mission.
No one can carry my call.
I am the daughter of Eve.
Eve has been redeemed.
I am the opposition of death.
I am a woman.

0 comments:

Post a Comment