Quarantine Week 3

4/3/2020



Our third week of self-isolation is over. 
It's definitely starting to feel old.


I played Uno and Operation - Noah's Ark Edition with my younger daughter this week. A few rounds of Mancala also happened. 

And a good long game of Monopoly was played.



We had some beautiful spring weather that enabled us to get outside many days this week. We ate supper outside one evening.


My oldest son grabbed a book and did some reading in the fun tree swing.


My husband cleaned out the gutters and did some other outside projects.


My oldest daughter soaked up some rays. :-)


We kept 6 feet of distance between us and our neighbors, which is a real challenge for my kids to understand.


It was a week of receiving blessings! One neighbor came by with sidewalk chalk for the kids. Thank you!



Another neighborhood couple dropped off all these goodies! Individual pies for our whole family! The note said they were planning to have a "pie on the porch" party but due to the social distancing, they are now dropping off "pie on our porch." So fun! 





And my sister-in-law came by with some homemade chicken-and-noodles as well as a dozen donuts!



My oldest daughter decided to do some redecorating in our living room. Looks good! Refreshing updates for spring.




We allowed the kids to have a blanket fort up in our family room most of this week. We also found some Christmas gifts we had not allowed the kids to have yet :-)  so we inflated these bouncy balls and they provided hours of fun this week. 


We set up the marble run.

I developed a case of the hives this week, which I suspect is due to the stress of this whole situation. I've developed hives a few other times in my life when under more stress than normal, even when/if I don't necessarily feel stressed.

We've been monitoring the cases of coronavirus in our state and county. As of today, we have 77 cases in our county and nearly 3,500 in our state. Our county has had only one death so far (and that was over a week ago) but there have been over 100 deaths in our state. We definitely are seeing an increase in cases every day and they are expecting a peak in the next 2-3 weeks. 

So we continue in quarantine for the rest of the month of April.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment