Quarantine Week 3 Scripture

4/2/2020



We've come to the end of another week of quarantine. My thoughts this week kept returning to the theme of God's presence with us. 


Psalm 46:1 tell us that God is our refuge and strength, our ever-present help in times of trouble. 

In times like these, when we can be physically present with very few people, this verse brings comfort. God is with us at all times. And this verse emphasizes that He's our help when we're in trouble, which is also encouraging at this time. 

In Hebrews 13:5 God says "I will never leave you nor forsake you." There again is the ever-present-ness of God. 

One of my favorite names of God has always been Emmanuel, which means God With Us. The fact of God's nearness - at all times, whether we feel it or not, whether we're in trouble or life is good - is a wonder. The fact that He would choose to draw near to me - in my brokenness, in my humanity, in my sinful state, in my troubles, in my weakness - shows that He is so very different from anyone else who has ever existed. He doesn't pull away from me, but draws closer. My sin or sickness or trouble doesn't scare Him off. Instead He is near. He stays near. He chooses to be close to me, no matter what. 

Find comfort in His presence, o my soul!

0 comments:

Post a Comment